Latest posts by Lyndsay Edwards (see all)
- SALE 0-3 Years Recipe eBook – Dairy, Soya, Wheat, Gluten & Egg Free - June 1, 2017
- Dairy Free Easter Eggs At Asda - March 4, 2017
- 20 Dairy Free Biscuits Not In The Free From Aisle At Asda - January 30, 2017
Free From Chocolate Cake Recipe
Dairy free, soya free, wheat free, gluten free and refined sugar free Chocolate cake recipe, great for Birthdays and free from desserts.
Ok so my presentation isn’t great but the taste is so I still had to share. I really want to do a cake decorating course as it’s not something I am good at but I’d like to be, especially with my son having cow’s milk protein allergy and soya intolerance, I prefer to make his cakes so I know what’s in them, rather than risk him having an allergic reaction.
This cake also tastes great warm served with dairy and soya free ice cream.
225g ground almonds
30g coconut flour
95g cacao powder
2 teaspoons of bicarbonate soda
1 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of Sunflower spread (Dairy and soya free)
100ml coconut milk (Canned)
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of honey
100ml almond milk
400ml of full fat coconut milk (canned)
2 tablespoons of honey
4 tablespoons cacao powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2. In a large bowl mix together the ground almonds, coconut flour, cacao powder, bicarbonate soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the coconut milk, eggs, vanilla, sunflower spread and honey.
4. Gently mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients to form a batter. Do not over mix.
5. Pour batter mix into cake tin and bake for 45 minutes or until you can poke the centre with a tooth pick and it comes out clean.
6. While the cake is baking make the icing by placing the coconut milk and honey in a saucepan and bringing them to a light boil.
7. Simmer on low heat for around two hours, stirring occasionally. Do not cover the pan. You will know you have cooked it long enough when the coconut milk is reduced to half and has a thicker consistency and is a darker colour, similar to sweetened condensed milk.
8. Mix in the cacao powder and vanilla extract, stir until all is combined and smooth.
9. Once the cake has fully cooled, spread the icing on top and enjoy.
I hope you enjoy this cake as much as we have, let us know by commenting below or post to our Facebook page.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR MONTHLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE FREE PRINTABLE ALLERGY CARDS
* indicates required
Hand these allergy cards to the chef in restaurants so they can make sure your meal is allergy free.
Our monthly newsletter includes dairy and soya free recipes!
This recipe has been adapted from a paleo chocolate cake recipe from living healthy with chocolate, you can view the original recipe here.
This post contains affiliate links, by using these link you are helping fund this blog at no extra cost to yourself.