Latest posts by Lyndsay Edwards (see all)
- SALE 0-3 Years Recipe eBook – Dairy, Soya, Wheat, Gluten & Egg Free - June 1, 2017
- Dairy Free Easter Eggs At Asda - March 4, 2017
- 20 Dairy Free Biscuits Not In The Free From Aisle At Asda - January 30, 2017
Chocolate Granola Recipe
Dairy free, soya free and coconut free chocolate granola recipe.
Even though my son can’t have a lot of the usual treats you see in supermarkets as he has cow’s milk protein allergy, soya intolerance and a coconut allergy, he sure does have a sweet tooth! He’s only 20 months old and already asking for ‘choc choc’ on a regular basis. I usually share my Lindt dark chocolate with him, which is a may contain or i’ll bake him some treats like these dairy, soya, wheat and coconut free Oreo biscuits. I’m focusing on eating healthier at the mo so I decided to make my granola recipe which I used to eat regularly long before having my son. I thought I’d add chocolate to it though to ensure my son would love it and it worked, he loves this chocolate granola with his almond milk in the mornings. Now every morning when he wakes up he says ‘choc choc’ but at least it’s a healthy version he is getting. This granola will make a great alternative to coco pops. You can use gluten free oats to make it gluten free and I would suggest adding any seeds or nuts providing they are allergy safe for you.
2 tablespoons pure sunflower oil
4 heaped tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder – Add more to make it more chocolaty
300g rolled oats
50g pumpkin seeds
50g chopped almonds
4 tablespoons flaked almonds
50g dried cranberries
1. Heat oven to 130c/gas mark 2. Mix the oil, honey, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
2. Mix in the remaining ingredients except the raisins and cranberries.
3. Place the granola onto a baking tray and spread evenly. Bake for 15 minutes, then mix in the raisins and cranberries and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and place onto a flat tray to cool.
4. Serve with dairy free milk or a dairy free yogurt and enjoy!
This chocolate granola will keep in an air tight container for up to one month.
To make this recipe gluten free, use gluten free oats.
If you try this recipe let me know what you think by commenting below or posting to our Facebook page.
Click Here to Enter our Easter giveaway for your chance to win Moo Free Dairy and egg free eater eggs and chocolates!!!!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, by using these links at no extra cost to you I may receive a small fee which helps with the running cost of Living With Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy.