Latest posts by Lyndsay Edwards (see all)
- Dairy Free Easter Eggs At Asda - March 4, 2017
- 20 Dairy Free Biscuits Not In The Free From Aisle At Asda - January 30, 2017
- Gluten Free Shopping List (UK) – Asda – (Contain Dairy) - January 29, 2017
Dairy Free Finger Foods
Something I am often asked or I see being asked in the support groups on Facebook, is ideas for finger foods. Whether you are just starting out on the dairy free weaning journey or you just want some ideas for new foods for your little one, this list of 30 dairy free finger foods should give you some ideas and inspiration. Some of them you might think are fairly obvious or simple but I know when I started weaning dairy free as a new mum, my mind would just go blank and I had no idea what to feed my son, which meant he would get the same foods over and over again. If you have any great dairy free suggestions which aren’t listed below, let me know in the comments section and i’ll add them for others to see.
1. Banana slices
2. Avocado slices
3. Cooked peas
4. Shredded cooked chicken
5. Cut up cooked pasta
6. Cooked carrot slices
8. Sweet potato fries
9. Toast strips
11. Sandwiches sliced – see a list of 20 dairy & soya free sandwich filler ideas
12. Cucumber slices
13. Chicken dippers or chicken nuggets
14. Bread sticks with a hummus dip
16. Omelette sliced
17. Tomatoes sliced
18. Steamed broccoli or cauliflower
20. Grapes, peeled and halved
21. Dry breakfast cereals
22. Rice cakes
23. Slices or chunks of meat such as, chicken, turkey, beef, bacon…
24. Steamed fish
25. Crackers with dairy free cheese spread
26. Soft fruits such as water melon, peaches, pears…
27. Scrambled eggs – beat two eggs in a jug, pour into a hot frying pan and stir until cooked, then serve.
28. Hard boiled egg cut into quarters
30. Fish fingers
Recently I have received a lot of questions on our Facebook page and I think it would be great if we can share our questions about cow’s milk protein allergy and support each other on this journey so, I have just created a group on Facebook so we all have somewhere we can discuss and support each other in regards to living with cow’s milk protein allergy. Please take the time to read the group description. It is a closed group so, only members can see and reply to posts.
Are you missing having your favourite chocolate bars, chocolate cream eggs or yummy biscuits? I have recently published my recipe ebook which includes 25 dairy, soya, wheat & gluten free recipes which resemble popular chocolate bars & biscuits! Only one of the recipes contains egg and two contain nuts!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, by using these links at no extra cost to you I may receive a small fee which helps with the running cost of Living With Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy website.