Latest posts by Lyndsay Edwards (see all)
- SALE 0-3 Years Recipe eBook – Dairy, Soya, Wheat, Gluten & Egg Free - June 1, 2017
- Dairy Free Easter Eggs At Asda - March 4, 2017
- 20 Dairy Free Biscuits Not In The Free From Aisle At Asda - January 30, 2017
Dairy & Soya Free Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
Dairy free and soya free red velvet cupcake recipe with dairy and soya free cream cheese icing
After a week of craving red velvet cake I have well and truly given in and it’s safe to say my diet has flown right out of the window! I told myself i’d just have one and then my craving would be gone and i’d freeze the rest for desserts for my son but they’re just too scrumptious to stop at one cupcake!! I haven’t eaten all 12 though, I have shared some of them 🙂
I’m sure everyone will love these cupcakes and I made them dairy and soya free so had to share with you all 🙂
140g Plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp cocoa powder
115g dairy and soya free spread
140g caster sugar
1 large egg
125ml oatly milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp red food colouring
For the icing:
140g violife creamy cheese – dairy and soya free bought from Tesco
85g dairy and soya free spread
280g sifted icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180c. Place 12 paper cupcake cases into a bun tray.
2. Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder. Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together until pale and creamy. Gradually beat in the egg and half of the flour mixture. Beat in the oatly milk, vanilla extract and food colouring. Fold in the remaining flour mixture and spoon into cupcake cases.
3. Bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until risen and firm to touch. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
4. To make the icing, put the creamy cheese and butter in a bowl and blend together with a spatula. Beat in the icing sugar until smooth and creamy. Swirl the icing on top of the cupcakes.
Below is the Violife cheese I used, I got this in my local Tesco but other stores sell it too and you can also get it online by clicking here.
I hope you like these dairy and soya free cupcakes as much as me and my son did. Let us know by posting on our Facebook page or leave a comment below.
Like us on Facebook for more dairy and soya free recipes
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and receive FREE printable allergy cards