Latest posts by Lyndsay Edwards (see all)
- SALE 0-3 Years Recipe eBook – Dairy, Soya, Wheat, Gluten & Egg Free - June 1, 2017
- Dairy Free Easter Eggs At Asda - March 4, 2017
- 20 Dairy Free Biscuits Not In The Free From Aisle At Asda - January 30, 2017
Free From Chocolate Cake Recipe
Dairy free, soya free, egg free, wheat free, gluten free & refined sugar free chocolate cupcake recipe.
I really wanted some chocolate cake today and usually when I get this craving I just make these easy and quick to make chocolate cupcakes but they contain egg and I think my son isn’t tolerating egg very well at the moment, so I’ve completely removed it from his diet and I’m hoping to gradually reintroduce it when he’s feeling 100% (he’s woke up full of a cold today and we were trialling coconut first but that’s now on hold too). I couldn’t sit and eat anything containing chocolate in front of him without sharing it as chocolate is his favourite food so I have adapted this recipe to make it egg free. I decided to replace the egg with olive oil and water and it only made 6 cupcakes instead of 9 but lucky for me they turned out perfect, Usually when I randomly throw ingredients together and hope for the best it can take a few tries to get it perfect or good enough to share. Either i’m getting better at baking or luck was on my side today but either way these really are delicious and easy to make, it took me around five minutes and then 20 minutes in the oven. I hope you enjoy them as much as me and my son did.
120g almond flour (ground almonds)
3 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
100ml cold water
3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of baking powder
Sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5 and combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl mix together wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to large bowl and combine with dry ingredients until all blended.
- separate mixture into 6 cupcake cases. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until you can poke them with a fork and the fork comes out dry.
These free from chocolate cakes are a great way to get healthy high fats into your diet, see a list of dairy free high fat foods here.
Let me know what you think of these dairy, soya, egg, wheat & gluten free chocolate cupcakes by commenting below or posting to our Facebook page.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and receive FREE printable allergy cards