Latest posts by Lyndsay Edwards (see all)
- SALE 0-3 Years Recipe eBook – Dairy, Soya, Wheat, Gluten & Egg Free - June 1, 2017
- Dairy Free Easter Eggs At Asda - March 4, 2017
- 20 Dairy Free Biscuits Not In The Free From Aisle At Asda - January 30, 2017
Free From Cupcake Recipe
Dairy free, soya free, wheat free, gluten free and corn free cupcake recipe.
These cupcakes are easy to make and are dairy free, soya free, wheat free and gluten free. They are made using coconut flour but only have a hint of a coconut taste – this was my aim as I don’t actually like the coconut taste! I tried one once they were cool and they taste great but the following day after they’d spent a night in the fridge (in a sealed container) they tasted even better.
I decorated these free from cupcakes using Tate & Lyle icing sugar mixed with water and pink food colouring as I wanted something quick but you could use my recipe for dairy and soya free cream cheese icing.
55g coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
1/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
2 tablespoons of vanilla essence
110g sunflower spread (dairy and soya free)
1. Preheat oven to 170c. Mix all the wet ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well blended.
4. Line muffin tray with cupcake paper cases and fill them 3/4 of the way full with the batter mix.
5. Bake for around 15-20 minutes or until you can insert a tooth pick and it comes out clean.
6. Cool on a wire rack and then add icing and enjoy!
If like me you don’t like the taste of coconut, once you have fully mixed the batter taste a little and if the coconut taste is very strong add either more sugar or vanilla essence to adjust.
Your probably wondering why I would use coconut flour if I don’t like it, the simple answer is it’s good for you and the long answer is I have been advised by my GP to go dairy and gluten free for six months due to having tonsillitis 6 times in the last 11 months – Que me suddenly really really wanting cake and coming up with this recipe !
I hope you like these free from cupcakes, let me know by commenting below or posting to our Facebook page.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and receive FREE printable allergy cards
Disclaimer – This post contains affiliate links, by using these links you help support the running costs of this blog at no extra cost to you.