Latest posts by Lyndsay Edwards (see all)
- SALE 0-3 Years Recipe eBook – Dairy, Soya, Wheat, Gluten & Egg Free - June 1, 2017
- Dairy Free Easter Eggs At Asda - March 4, 2017
- 20 Dairy Free Biscuits Not In The Free From Aisle At Asda - January 30, 2017
Flourless Cake Recipe Chocolate Fairy Cakes
I am very pleased to announce that I am now the official food blogger for the Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy Support Charity. CMPA Support are a wonderful charity; their aims are to raise awareness of the allergy at all levels, so that future generations of CMPA babies (& their families) shouldn’t have to suffer; and to provide information, support and practical advice to parents/carers at whichever stage of the CMPA journey they are on. You can find CMPA Support on Facebook and join one of their many Facebook support groups. I will be posting one food related blog post per week on behalf of CMPA Support and I am very excited to be a part of such an amazing charity.
My son has cow’s milk protein allergy and is soya intolerant so all of my recipes are dairy and soya free. I am currently not eating wheat and dairy to see if my recurrent tonsillitis is a symptom of dairy and wheat intolerance (doctor’s orders) so most of my recipes are wheat free too.
I wanted to start off with something really yummy for you all and I think everyone loves chocolate, so I have made some really chocolately flourless fairy cakes. If you love chocolate then you will love these…
Flourless Cake Recipe – Chocolate Fairy Cakes
Dairy free, Soya free, Wheat free, Gluten free and flour free.
150g dairy & soya free spread (I use Vitalite)
120g dark chocolate (I use Lindt 70%, which doesn’t have any dairy or soya in the ingredients but it is a may contain)
50g cocoa powder
3 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
40g dairy & soya free spread
80g icing sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon water
1.Preheat the oven to Gas mark 2.
2. Melt the dark chocolate and dairy & soya free spread in a sauce pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients. Separate the mixture into 12 fairy cake paper cases and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
5. Once the cakes are fully cooled, mix all of the icing ingredients in a bowl and separate onto the cakes.
6. Top with a strawberry and enjoy!
Let me know what you think of these flourless chocolate fairy cakes by commenting below or posting to our Facebook page.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and receive FREE printable allergy cards
Hand these allergy cards to the chef in restaurants so they can make sure your meal is allergy free.
Our monthly newsletter includes dairy and soya free recipes!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, by using these links at no extra cost to you, I may receive a small fee which will help with the running cost of Living With Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy Blog. These affiliate links are not associated with or endorsed by CMPA Support Charity in any way.