Latest posts by Lyndsay Edwards (see all)
- SALE 0-3 Years Recipe eBook – Dairy, Soya, Wheat, Gluten & Egg Free - June 1, 2017
- Dairy Free Easter Eggs At Asda - March 4, 2017
- 20 Dairy Free Biscuits Not In The Free From Aisle At Asda - January 30, 2017
Free From Lasagna Recipe
Dairy free, soya free,
wheat free & gluten free
We’re off to Milan in Italy next week and being dairy, soya and wheat free I am a bit gutted that we can’t try pizza and lasagna in Italy. Italy is somewhere I have always wanted to go and I’ve always dreamt about the food over there being amazing, but unless there’s a restaurant selling dairy, soya and wheat free versions I won’t be having what I’d like to. I decided to make my own free from lasagna this week and then hopefully I won’t want it again by the time we get to Milan 😉
You wouldn’t even know that this lasagna is dairy free and wheat free! It tastes so good, there’s so much flavour in it. I’m pretty sure if you were to make this for your friends and family who don’t have any allergies or intolerance’s then they would have no idea that it was a free from version.
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
750g minced beef
2 chopped onions
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons of coconut flour
150ml beef stock
3 tablespoons of tomato puree
1 tablespoon chopped thyme
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
2x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
For the white sauce
50g dairy and soya free spread
2 tablespoons of cornflour
2 tablespoons of coconut flour
750ml almond milk (unsweetened) hot
2 tablespoons mustard
50g violife cheese grated
For the lasagna
10-12 sheets lasagna – wheat & gluten free
Violife cheese grated
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas mark 6/400.
2. Heat a large frying pan until hot then add the sunflower oil and cook the minced beef until browned. Remove from the heat and transfer to a plate. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until softened. Return the meat to the pan and stir in the coconut flour, beef stock, tomato puree, thyme and parsley.
3. Stir in the tinned tomatoes, cover and simmer while you make the white sauce.
4. Cook pasta sheets as instructed on the packaging.
5. For the white sauce, melt the dairy & soya free spread in a saucepan. Add the cornflour and coconut flour and cook over the heat for one minute. Heat the almond milk in the microwave or using a separate saucepan. Gradually whisk in the heated almond milk, violife cheese, mustard and pepper. Keep whisking until thickened.
6. For the lasagna, put one third of the meat sauce in the base of a shallow oven proof dish. Spoon one third of the white sauce on top. Arrange one layer of the wheat & gluten free lasagna sheets on top. Spoon half of the remaining meat sauce on top and then half of the white sauce. Put another layer of lasagna sheets on top, then the remaining meat sauce and remaining white sauce. Sprinkle over the violife cheese.
7. Cook in the middle of the oven for about 45 minutes or until golden brown on top and bubbling around the edges.
You can’t taste the coconut or almond flavour in this recipe at all. It’s great served with home made chips and salad or if you’re ok with wheat you could get these dairy and soya free garlic slices from Asda..
Click here for a full list of dairy ingredient names used on food labeling.
If you try this Free From Lasagna Recipe please let me know what you think by commenting below or posting on our Facebook page. We’d love to hear from you!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR MONTHLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE FREE PRINTABLE ALLERGY CARDS
* indicates required
Our monthly newsletter includes dairy and soya free recipes!
Like us on Facebook
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, by using these links at no extra cost to you I may receive a small fee which helps with the running cost of Living With Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy.