Latest posts by Lyndsay Edwards (see all)
- SALE 0-3 Years Recipe eBook – Dairy, Soya, Wheat, Gluten & Egg Free - June 1, 2017
- Dairy Free Easter Eggs At Asda - March 4, 2017
- 20 Dairy Free Biscuits Not In The Free From Aisle At Asda - January 30, 2017
Nutty Flaxseed Granola Recipe
Dairy Free, Soya Free & Wheat/Gluten Free
It’s been a while since I’ve eaten granola for breakfast, mainly because I’d run out and hadn’t bothered to make more. I’m now getting bored of having scrambled eggs every morning though, so I’ve made some nutty delicious granola to have for my breakfast. Every time I make a batch of granola it’s slightly different, this is because I’ll randomly decide to make it and use whatever foods I already have in my cupboards at that time. Because this one is quite different from my last two batches, I thought it’s worth sharing. I’ve added milled flaxseeds to this recipe, something I haven’t eaten previously but they’re high in omega 3 and I am always trying to incorporate healthy foods into my diet.
200ml apple juice
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
2 heaped tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
300g rolled oats (gluten free)
40g milled flaxseed
20g pumpkin seeds
20g golden linseed
10g sunflower seeds
10g sesame seeds
40g flaked almonds
40g mixed chopped nuts – I used toasted chopped peanuts, almonds and walnuts
a handful of raisins
a handful of dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 2. Put the apple juice, honey, vanilla extract and sunflower oil in a saucepan on the hob and set to the lowest heat possible. Stir until the honey has melted and you are left with a thin liquid consistency. (around 5 minutes)
2. Place all other ingredients (except raisins & cranberries) into a large mixing bowl and pour the honey mixture over. Stir until all of the ingredients are covered in the honey mixture.
3. Spread out thinly over a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. Add the raisins and cranberries and bake for a further 15 minutes.
4. Let cool and then store in an air tight container for up to one month.
I eat my nutty flaxseed granola with Rude Health organic almond milk, I have found it to be the nicest tasting dairy free milk, it has a creamy taste and I like that it’s organic.
Let me know what you think of this flaxseed nutty granola in the comments section below…
Use the search bar below to search this blog for more great dairy & soya free recipes!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, by using these links at no extra cost to you I may receive a small fee which helps with the running cost of Living With Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy website.